Role in the projectPartner, Leader of WP4
ZAG is a public, non‐profit, state owned body. Its main activities include fundamental and applied research, testing and measurements. ZAG is equipped with an advanced laboratory infrastructure, which ensures highquality performance in the individual fields of its work. Many testing methods are accredited according to SIST EN ISO/IEC 17025 for the testing of construction products. ZAG also holds ISO 9001 certificate. ZAG has a strong expertise in:
- Assessments for industry, use of multi‐decisional tools (IT tools), remediation of brownfields, water remediation, bioleaching and chemical leaching, and acting as a facilitator for circular economy by linking different sectors and creating new value chains;
- Recycling of waste from industry and mining in the building sector (including the immobilization of hazardous substances);
- Strong collaboration with the industry (ZAG is a certified body);
- Organization of industrial symbiosis workshops and other networking events in the raw materials value chain.
In recent years, ZAG has implemented many national and international projects including 2 H2020; 17 EIT Raw Materials; 1 UIA; 2 Interreg, 11 ARRS (national funding agency), 3 MIZŠ (Ministry). There are 4 submissions for IP (intellectual property rights) at national or international level in last 5 years, 1 national and 1 international innovation award in last 5 years.
The institution is a member of
- EIT Raw materials, European Institute of Innovation and Technology;
- EMBRI, European Network of Building Research Institutes,
- FEHRL, Forum of Europe's National Road Research Centres
- CEN, European Committee for Standardization;
- EOTA, European Organisation for Technical Assessment;
- RILEM, International Union of Testing and Research Laboratories for Materials and Structures.
Institutional project coordinator
Ana Mladenovic, PhD (Geol.)
Head of Laboratory for Stone, Aggregate and Recycled Materials